Saturday, August 11, 2012

A New Journey, a New Blog

Well, the moment I've been waiting for since fifth grade has finally, finally arrived. I'm going to college!

Well, I mean, not right this moment. But in approximately 4 days, 6 hours, 20 minutes, and 43 seconds, I will be on my merry way to the University of Notre Dame, where I will spend the next four years obsessing over football, paying late-night visits to the Grotto, trudging through the snow...oh, and studying. That too.

You might be wondering why I wanted to spend the majority of the next four years in the middle of nowhere, a place with harsh winters and - get this - no Wawa.

Well, that's kind of the whole point of this blog. Notre Dame is an incredible place and very different from Delco, and I want to share my experiences under the Golden Dome - the ups and downs, the traditions, the amusing Midwestern-ness of the place - with you folks back home! It's going to be crazy and exciting and awesome, and I hope you'll join me on my journey.

In the meantime, I have about a metric ton of clothes, shoes, toiletries, office supplies, linens, miniature toolkits, clip-on fans, and Rubbermaid tubs that I have to sort through. Packing is serious business, folks.

One last thing: You can follow me on Twitter (@nicolemcalee) on the progress of my packing, or driving, or moving in...

No comments:

Post a Comment