Wednesday, August 15, 2012

On the Way to Notre Dame

I'm sitting in my room and twiddling my thumbs because - miraculously - there is nothing left for me to do here.

All my things - and I mean all  of them - are packed neatly (if tightly) in boxes, and all the boxes have been packed neatly (if tightly) in my mom's mivinan. The only things left are the computer on which I'm writing this post, and the set of clothes I'm putting on when I get up at 4 AM to make the 690-mile drive to South Bend.

This

is what my family room looked like before we packed the car. Yup. I called my brother downstairs, waved the Notre Dame flag around, and sang "Students, now we pledge ourselves to hold this barricade..." He just stared at me.

Tomorrow, I'm leaving my hometown. I'm moving to a new place, with new people, alone, hundreds of miles away. Maybe the scary reality of the situation hasn't hit me yet, but I can't find it in me to be anything but absolutely thrilled and excited!

I probably won't have a whole lot of time to sit down and blog over the next few days - I have a packed orientation schedule - but check my Twitter (@nicolemcalee) to see how that pesky 11-hour drive is going....

Delco, I'll see ya on the flipside.

No comments:

Post a Comment