Friday, October 12, 2012

Go Irish Go!

I have been terribly remiss in updating this blog, and for that I'm very sorry. The last few weeks have been a mad dash of football (yay!), exams (meh), and mountains of homework (zzzzz). But it's all good now because I am officially on Fall Break! I had my last class at 9:35 this morning, and now I have nothing to do but relax for a week.

As you may or may not know, Notre Dame football is pretty solid this year. In fact, Notre Dame football has a 5-0 record, so Notre Dame football is actually pretty awesome this year. Here are some other interesting and cool facts about the Irish this season: they are the only team in the nation that hasn't trailed in a game, they have allowed the fewest touchdowns of any team all season (that would be 3) and haven't allowed a touchdown for the last three (THREE) games, and they have allowed an average of only 7.8 points per game. ESPN obviously recognized the awesomeness that is this season, so they decided to send College GameDay to Notre Dame for tomorrow's showdown against Stanford. Campus has been abuzz with anticipation since the announcement last Sunday, and people are already camping out on Library Quad to get a good spot in the pit (and hence be on national TV). Not coincidentally, I strolled over to Library Quad before class today to catch Mike and Mike in the Morning, who were broadcasting live from Notre Dame. I could only stay a few minutes, but I did catch my man Brian Kelly and also Doug Flutie, which was cool.

Mike and Mike in the Morning on Library Quad, with
Notre Dame Stadium in the background
Indeed, I can hardly contain my anticipation to watch our lucky #7 Irish take on the #17 Cardinal. Tonight, I'll be attending the pep rally in the JACC, and I'll hit up Midnight Drummers Circle at, well, midnight. (If you don't know what Midnight Drummers Circle is, I can't really explain it very well. But I will say that it's my second-favorite event of football weekends. I LOVE IT.)

I plan to be up bright and early tomorrow to try and get on College GameDay (because who knows if they'll come back while I'm a student?! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!), I'll probably hit a tailgate or two and score some delicious tailgate food, and then I'll head over to the stadium for, of course, my favorite event of the weekend - the game. I CAN'T WAIT! Games are so fun and exciting and great and I love them.

So that's pretty much all that's been happening here in South Bend. Yep. One last and unrelated thing: I wrote my first article for the Notre Dame/Saint Mary's College newspaper, the Observer, which you can check out right here!

GO IRISH! BEAT CARDINAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment